Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
Dyslexia is a common learning difference that makes reading and spelling more challenging for one out of four children. It's something you're born with, and often it's passed down through families. If you found schoolwork tricky, your child might, too. But there's a way to help! With one-to-one structured literacy sessions using the Orton-Gillingham approach, we carefully break down the language into smaller, understandable pieces, using sight, sound, and touch. Your child will become a skilled reader and happy learner!
Your struggling reader will become a skilled reader and improve one grade level in 6 weeks. With intensive, one-to-one structured literacy tutoring, the specific timing of the sessions, and your child's independent practice, this Action Plan is ideal for summer break, for homeschooled children, or for families with a flexible schedule.
Your child is one of a kind, and their Action Plan is determined by their unique needs and personality.
We develop a plan that includes auditory/visual processing activities, animated video, online manipulatives, games, and the use of a hands-on kit for a customized learning experience focused on:
As Certified Structured Literacy Dyslexia Specialists, we understand that struggling readers require a multi-sensory, personalized, and hands-on approach with many opportunities for practice and feedback.
Children with dyslexia may also have ADHD and require interactive, stimulating, and fun learning experiences.
It's our goal to build a strong foundation so that your child will become an independent and skilled reader and find joy in learning!
Kids like games. When it comes to learning games, they like short ones. No overkill here. Your child will enjoy their 'games' to practice and master the foundational skills from our live sessions.
We monitor this independent practice and adjust your child's games based on their performance so that they experience success while being challenged.
Dyslexia is a neurological condition that affects a person's ability to read and interpret written language. It's characterized by difficulty in recognizing and decoding words, as well as poor spelling and writing skills. It is not caused by a lack of intelligence or motivation, but rather by a difference in the way the brain processes language.
Dyslexia can be diagnosed by a specialist such as a neuropsychologist, educational psychologist, or speech-language pathologist and can be treated through various methods such as structured literacy therapy, special education programs, explicit tutoring, and assistive technology.
Unlike speech, children don't just "pick up" the ability to read from the environment, and about 5 kids in every class won't learn to read with standard instruction.
Research shows that about 80% of children will learn to read with some form of instruction, but the remaining 20% need structured, explicit instruction on the letter-sound correlations of the language.
It is critical to build a solid foundation for literacy. Grade 3 students who lack proficiency in reading are 4 times more likely to drop out of high school. In grade 4, children transition from learning to read to the more dominant, reading to learn form of instruction.
When children struggle with reading, they begin to dread going to school. Frequent stomach aches, behavioral issues, and poor self-esteem are often indicators of their struggle.
Early intervention with a structured literacy approach has dramatic results. Children become skilled readers when given the right tools - and with skilled reading comes increased confidence and academic success!
Copyright © 2023 The Dyslexia Code - All Rights Reserved.