The Dyslexia Code provides customized web-based therapy solutions for struggling readers, writers, and spellers. We combine live, online therapy with research-backed games and interactive content to deliver effective, convenient, and accessible online Structured Literacy (AKA: Orton-Gillingham) therapy to children with dyslexia and other language processing difficulties.
Our goal is simple: to empower struggling readers to become confident and motivated lifelong learners. To meet this goal, we need smart, capable, results-oriented educators who are experienced in Structured Literacy and passionate about positively impacting a child's life.
As a Dyslexia Therapist, your primary role is to assess and provide customized language-literacy instruction to children in an interactive and effective manner.
The TDC Action Plan starts with a free dyslexia screening and a language-processing assessment, and then involves 50-minute customized sessions four days a week and monitoring and adjusting of independent practice.
· Assess/screen children for language learning disabilities
· Deliver customized structured literacy intervention 4 days a week
· Provide parents with information and guidance
· Consult with The Dyslexia Code team to maintain 100% client satisfaction
· Manage your client schedule
· Maintain happy and learning clients
· Bachelor or Master’s Degree in education, special education, psychology or a related field
· Two years of experience in structured literacy therapy or practicum of at least 100 hours of supervised clinical intervention for language / literacy disorders in a one-to-one therapeutic setting (or willingness to become certified)
· Passion for teaching children to read, spell, and write
· Proven record of fostering student achievement and self-esteem
· Excellent organizational skills and work ethic
· Self-starter - you will work from home and set your own schedule
· Home office - a quiet, well lit, organized place where you can work with your students via webcam
This contractor position offers training, a flexible schedule, the excitement of working with a growing practice and platform, and the opportunity to make a positive daily impact in the lives of children. Sense of humor, comfort with technology, willingness to learn, and relentless commitment to quality client outcomes are expected.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com